Law and policy
Other important national laws, policies or strategies concerning disabled people and disability issues include:
- Account of the Finnish government for disability policy (2006) is a strategic government report on inclusive disability policy. The main objectives promote rights to equal treatment, inclusion and support (including mainstreaming policies in housing, employment and education). Government Report on Disability Policy 2006 is also available in English.
Important national laws are on the internet only in Finnish and Swedish:
- Services and Assistance for the Disabled Act April 3, 1987. This is the most important Act for disability services and defines responsibilities for the provision of support.
- Act on special services of people with intellectual disabilities June 23 1977 provides for special services and support for daily living for people with intellectual disability (e.g. in housing, employment, education and research).
- Act on Interpretation Services for Disabled People February 19th 2010.
- Act on Disability Benefits May 11th 2007.