This Ministry works closely with Ministry of Education(special needs education), the Ministry of Employment (sheltered and supported employment), the Ministry of Health (mental health and psychiatry), Ministry of Transport (http://www.mt.public.lu/) (transport of DP) and Ministry of Public Buildings (http://www.abp.public.lu/) (accessibility).
Public information about disability entitlements and benefits is available from:
- The Ministry of Family and Integration http://www.mfi.public.lu/publications/Handicap/index.html?highlight=handicap
- At the Internet site ANGLOINFO “Luxembourg healthcare, people-with-disabilities” (http://luxembourg.angloinfo.com/information/) there isan overview of disability related public information in English language.
- Public information on disability and employment is available by the National Employment Office (ADEM) at http://www.adem.public.lu/functions/faq/service_sth.html
- Information about the conditions for being paid as a worker with disabilities is available at
- Public information about accessibility and barrier free transport is provided by the government http://www.mfi.public.lu/a_z/C/ConceptNationalAccessibilite/index.html
- For persons accompanied by an assistance dog a public flyer is available at http://www.mfi.public.lu/publications/Handicap/Depliant_AccessibilliteAvecChiensAssistance_FR.pdf
- The National Council of Disabled People (Infohandicap) provides a summary of public information about disability related topics, available at http://www.info-handicap.lu/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=26
Other important national bodies with responsibility for disability issues include:
There are three agencies involved with the monitoring of the implementation of the CRPD: The Centre for Equal Treatment (CET) http://cet.lu/en/, the Consultative Human Rights Commission http://www.ccdh.public.lu/ and the national Mediator / Ombudsman http://www.ombudsman.lu/
Also relevant is the Higher Council of Persons with disabilities (Conseil Supérieur pour Personnes Handicapées) http://www.csph.lu/